Dataforth Adds Accelerometer Input Module to SCM5B Family of Isolated Analog Signal Conditioners
|Dataforth's SCM5B48 Modules|
Dataforth Corporation of Tucson, Arizona, announces the introduction of its newest SCM5B module: the SCM5B48 isolated and field-configurable accelerometer input module.
Specific applications for the new SCM5B48 module include the following:
• Aircraft and Aerospace R&D
• Automotive and Other Vehicles
• Environmental, Strength-of-Materials
More generic applications for the SCM5B48 include:
• Any process, industrial or other, that requires precise measurement of acceleration. Gain settings of 1, 10, and 100 offer a simple interface to sensors with a wide range of sensitivity.
• Situations where space is crucial; the SCM5B48 module provides signal conditioning and flexibility in the smallest package available.
• Monitoring applications where AC/DC coupling and/or rejection of low and high frequency noise is important; selectable high-pass cutoff frequencies of 0.2Hz or 10Hz and selectable low-pass cutoff frequencies of 2.5kHz, 5kHz, 10kHz or 20kHz offer ample options to tune the filter characteristic for optimum performance.
• 1500Vrms Transformer Isolation
• ANSI/IEEE C37.90.1 Transient Protection
• Input Protection to 240Vrms Continuous
• Low Drift with Ambient Temperature
• -40°C to +85°C Operating Temperature Range
• 5V Power
• CSA and FM Approvals Pending
• CE Compliant
• Mix and Match Module Types on Backpanel
*ICP is a registered trademark of PCB Group Inc.
*IEPE is Integrated Electronic Piezo-Electric
Source: Dataforth Corporation